Education is one of the most valuable building blocks for long-term success. There’s a reason why the timeless adage, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime,” is so commonly spoken. From exploratory early childhood learning centres, to specialized doctorate programs – the quest for knowledge is one that society universally recognizes as noble.
Additionally, state of the art technologies have revolutionized the way we learn in the classroom setting. Educational software tools have expanded the world of teaching for educators and enriched the learning experience for students in a variety of ways.
In fact, it is none other than tech giant Microsoft that is transforming the manner that we interact with curriculums and how they are delivered through Office 365 Education.
Here are all of the ways that Microsoft is becoming a major player in the world of education:
Microsoft Facilitates Education
Office 365 Education is primarily focused on facilitating the teacher/student exchange. The helpful learning tools found in Office aim to cultivate more inclusive classrooms through:
- Real-time working: Collaborative co-authoring and typing is made possible in all Office 2016 and Office Online documents.
- Multiple Spaces to Connect: Whether you’re looking to work together in a collaborative area or provide/receive individual support in a private space, Office has you covered.
- Unlimited Access: Time and location are no longer a limiting factor as you can access your documents via Office Online and Office Mobile through cell-phone and tablet compatible Word, PowerPoint, and Excel programs.
- Integrated Workflow: Assignment workflow can be integrated with Classroom.
- Streamlined Notes: All class materials can be organized in OneNote.
- Time Saving Benefits: If there’s one thing teachers could always use more of, it’s time. Through Microsoft Classroom, teachers can post class calendars, conversations, notebooks, curriculum data, and more, so that students can easily find information without having to contact them.
Microsoft Prepares Students for Collaborative Careers
The days of solely relying on pen and paper for note-taking and completing homework are far over. In the last decade, classrooms have embraced the digital realm. With this dramatic shift, Microsoft has innovated software that fosters the imperative collaborative nature of the classroom in online platforms. The following are some of the top ways that Microsoft Office 365 prepares students for collaborative career paths:
- Most In-Demand Software Skill: Looking to pad your resume? According to the International Data Corporation (IDC), Office is the only software listed as a top employer requirement for high-paying jobs.
- Powerful Intelligent Features: Not only focused on providing a platform for students and teachers to work together and communicate effectively, Office 365 is heavily focused on helping to sharpen skills. With powerful intelligent features that help scholarly minds fine-tune their data analysis, presenting, and writing skills, Office 365 shapes students into formidable job candidates.
How Ingram Micro Can Help
At Ingram Micro, we’re committed to ensuring that the businesses we work with fully maximize the value of the technology that they make, sell or use. With Office 365, our clients have been able to experience education in a phenomenal way.
Furthermore, students and teachers are eligible for Office 365 Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and additional classroom tools for free! Drop us a line today to learn more about how you can encourage collaboration and facilitate learning at the highest level in your classroom!
Visit the Microsoft Showcase site for more info.