And you thought it was only the Toronto Raptors that generated all the excitement in the GTA last month?
There was also Jurassic buzz surrounding the 2019 Ingram Micro Partner Experience (PE) at The International Centre!
In case you missed this stellar PE roadshow stop on June 12 -- Ingram Micro Canada’s biggest event to date, in fact – it featured more than 40 exhibitors, several industry-leading speakers, and over 260 people in attendance.
The following is a look at a few highlights:
Speaking of Toronto sports, the Master of Ceremonies was none other than Ric Nattress, former NHL star and Stanley Cup champ. The 57-year-old former defenseman – who played 536 games with the league (including 67 playoff games) – went on to co-host the successful radio show Blue & White Tonight, on Sportsnet 590 The Fan. He entertained the PE crowd and kept the flow going.
Ingram Micro’s keynote speaker was Michael “MafiaBoy” Calce. As you likely know, Michael was only a teen when he notoriously hacked into tech giants like eBay and Amazon. Michael’s presentation focused on the “Mindset of a Hacker" to give the audience an expert’s viewpoint on how cybercriminals think. If Michael’s talk doesn’t serve as a wakeup call for companies, nothing will!
Also on the mainstage: Bill Brandel, Chief Country Executive for Ingram Micro Canada (on “Who is Ingram Micro Canada?”), and Sean Earhard, who heads up Cisco’s Advanced Threat Solutions team for Canada, devoted to working with organizations to design and build strategies to secure their networks and users from today’s myriad of cyberthreats.
- Breakout sessions featured 10 sponsoring vendors: Cisco, HP Inc, Dell, Microsoft Devices, Citrix, Poly, Storage Guardian, Intel, Samsung, and Microsoft Cloud – plus sessions hosted by two Ingram Micro Canada business units (Cloud and IoT).
- Along with the Exhibitor Experience with the abovementioned 40 vendors, there was also a ConneXtion Experience that featured a mock retail store demonstrating transactions to showcase the merging of current and next-gen technology. By using Ingram Micro-branded socks as an example, this store setup included a digital screen greeting, RFID technology for inventory control and tracking, and data capture and analysis.
- Who doesn’t love playing games – especially when you can win prizes? Along with networking, the SMB Alliance Lounge proved to be a fun and interactive zone where attendees could engage in a Scavenger Hunt and virtual reality videogames.
- To top it all off, the day ended with an engaging Tech Experts panel. Moderated by MC Ric Nattress, the panel includes words of wisdom from Terry Buchanan, VP Technology and GM, Zycom Technology; Michael Calce; Greg Onoprijenko, Director of Sales, Ingram Micro Cloud; and Savio Lee, Ingram Micro IoT. The panel fielded questions regarding the future of technology, with a strong focus on cybersecurity.
As you can see, it was a jam-packed day with fascinating speakers, informative sessions, and networking opportunities – as well as games, prizes, good food, and drinks.
And be sure to register for the Partner Experience Roadshow in your area:
- Quebec City – September 18, 2019, at the Hilton Quebec City
- Vancouver - October 23, 2019, at the Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
See you there!
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Marc Saltzman